Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good book for DSOs?

Kon

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/11/2021 at 13:50, Kon said:

I am looking to purchase a good book for DSOs similar to 'Turn Left at Orion', with charts and sketches. (I have an 8" Dob if that matters). I came across the 'Interstellarum Deep Sky Guide Desk Edition' and I have seen some nice reviews on it (I already have the 'interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas'). I am mostly interested in nebulas but of course other DSOs are of interest. Is that the best book for my needs or do you recommend others (I am very kin on sketches rather than astrophotography images, so I know my expectations)? Β Or feedback on the Interstellarum Deep Sky Guide Desk Edition from personal experience?

Kostas

Hi,

I too have the Interstellarum Deep Sky Atlas, and did pick up a copy of the Deep Sky Guide companion.Β  I do really like the combo, though some sketches are done with greater aperture than what I have (15").

I use the two together, and also Google sketches in a 16" too when planning a session, or reviewing after I've found a new target.Β  The 2 book combo are great with Google for extra info.

Best regards,Β 

-Niall

Edited by niallk
  • Thanks 1