Narrowband

IC 5146 Cocoon Nebula first attempt

Jonny_H

Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I haven't posted on here for a while, nor have I imaged/observed for a few months (i think - losing track of time).  This mainly down to being extremely busy at work, but also because the weather has been absolutely garbage!

Anyhow - I finished work at a reasonable hour earlier in the week and given that the night sky was crystal clear, I though it would be criminal not to set-up my imaging gear.

I didn't really think it through or plan anything, I just set-up and went about seeking a target which took my fancy. I finally settled on IC 5146 aka Cocoon Nebula.

This is only about my 7th target I've ever imaged so you have to excuse the quality. I am also trying to learn PI so I have experimented with a few new things.

Imaging info:

20 x 300s lights, 20 x 300s darks, 100 x bias and flats. Stacked in APP and processed (badly) in PI.

Equipment:

SW Esprit 100ED, SW evoguide 50ed, 120MM guide camera, 533MC Pro main camera, all controlled by an ASIAIR Pro On a SW AZ EQ6 GT.

Any hints and tips on how to use PI properly will be very welcomed :)

Thanks,

Jonny

IC5146_PI processed Full.png

IC5146_PI processed.png

• Like 5