Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Love my Heritage!

Quick session last night with my new Heritage 150 p. Previous session moon was great. This time only looked at Pleiades. Got entire cluster in fov with only a 32 mm plossl. Lovely view. Can’t wait to get this little guy to a dark site for some wide field dso observing! Totally love this scope!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, tripleped said:

Quick session last night with my new Heritage 150 p. Previous session moon was great. This time only looked at Pleiades. Got entire cluster in fov with only a 32 mm plossl. Lovely view. Can’t wait to get this little guy to a dark site for some wide field dso observing! Totally love this scope!

Brilliant scope, fully understood why you like it so much👍

When you’re able to have a longer session at a dark site one thing to beware of is the dewing up of the mirrors, especially the exposed secondary.  

A couple of ways to combat the dewing-   An electric dew gun (portable hair drier), a shroud around the extending part of the tube.

Enjoy the great views and maybe let us know what you saw😁

Cheers from across the pond, Ed.

The first time I managed to see The Veil was with a Heritage 130p that I was babysitting while a bro-in-law moved house. So your 150p will be correspondingly better, I’m not surprised you like it.

If @JeremyS wasn’t so selfish (😉) as to live outside Ireland I’d have snapped his one up when it was for sale. In fact an H150 is very likely to be my next scope: I’m missing a fast 6” in my inventory.

Cheers, Magnus

Edited by Captain Magenta