Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sharpcap 4 problem.

GeoffM54

I have been trying to capture some images with sharpcap and an SVBONY SV205 usb3 camera.  I am having problems when I start the capture, sharpcap freezes, and I have to kill the app and start again. the app seems to be fine when viewing the live image, but freezes as soon as I start the capture session, every time. PC is an i7 Asus Laptop with 16Gb of memory, I am using the camera in a usb3 port, so performance shouldn't be an issue. I am running Windows 11 though and this may be an unknown. Anyone else had similar issues?

There have been a few reports of the camera not initialising on connection, some here on SGL.  Some have downloaded other software to try and that connected, and so did Sharpcap thereafter.

I'd be inclined to send a report to Sharpcap, as that's the software SVBony use in their advertising. He may be able to get you a resolution, though I have read SVBony have good support too.

I see the same symptoms running a QHY183 with Sharpcap on an I7 with 16gb under windows 7, USB3 connection with only the camera on that port.. Sharpcap just freezes and up pops a non-specific error banner telling me the only option is to exit. Drivers are up-to-date. I've yet to find a satisfactory solution. I'm about to move to W10....

I think I need to raise this with SVBONY support, I have the same problem on another laptop running windows 10. I think the drivers on the SVBONY site are only for the SV305, all the install instructions seem to suggest the windows default driver is sufficient.