Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First observing in days a bonus

Kimboman

Hi I set up my Celestron 6se early before the Moon was up the sky was clear as it has been  shocking of late.

I viewed the doubles Mizar and Polaris  then M31 the double cluster in Perseus and the Pleiades  also the tiny coat hanger.

and M31.

the moon started to appear and I did spend a short time viewing it but it soon became overpowering ,still tonight was a bonus

IMG_2089.JPG

• Like 10

Nice pic,  I got out too and spent a good while enjoying that grouping of Langrenus, Vendelinus, Petavius and Furnerius along the terminitor which you've captured here really well. The shadow of the mountain in Petavius on the crater rim was fab as was the light catching the rim of Mare Crisium beyond the terminator. 

Might have to put a scope out tonight too...

Hi  I took the photo on my iPhone I have not taken any photos with a camera for years since the days of film with my Zenith

I enjoy looking at members photos they are superb but I do not possess any modern stuff it’s mind boggling 

I went out tonight but clouds soon arrived9055C508-A5A4-47AD-BA6B-EBC933D8549A.thumb.jpeg.74c2fcdab01f46ee8ef91198485d9480.jpeg

• Like 1

I can't say that I've observed much more this last week as you list here, fleeting moments with the binos. I must get into the moon a little more, I did read up on Petavius and noted mare Crisium's perfect lighting last night. I bet your 6E made more of it though.