Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very odd new telescope

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p14000_TS-Optics-152-mm-f-5-ED-Rich-Field-Refractor-with-4--RAP-Focuser.html

Something is just odd with this combination.

To be honest, I'm drawn to it as alternative to 6" F/5 achro - as it will have much better objective lens, less CA and consequently better contrast, but look at that price tag!

@Louis D I think you once mentioned that you miss having fast ED doublet even if it has a bit of CA. Maybe this is the scope that would suit you (except for the price tag).

• Like 1

That is an interesting new one :smiley:

With a 4 inch focuser it would be fun to put the Explore Scientific 3 inch diagonal and 3 inch 30mm / 100 degree eyepiece on the scope and get a near-4 degree true field of view. M31 would look rather fine on a dark night I would think :biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

This is the price I paid for a TEC 140 indistinguishable from new. 

Olly

And I recently payed less for a second hand but hardly used Esprit 150 in as-new condition, but then I had been looking for one for a long time. You need to jump at the opportunity but unfortunately they may be years apart.....

Edited by gorann
  • Like 1