Jump to content

548140465_Animationchallenge.jpg.32379dfa6f3bf4bba537689690df680e.jpg

Svbony Ultra Flat undercuts the competition?


ScouseSpaceCadet
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Did someone mention undercut?

I don’t like undercuts on eyepieces 👎🏻

🤔

Jeremy you will be pleased to observe the Svbony variation has a smooth barrel. Just think with that £30 saved, your butler can this Christmas feed his kids with the extra bonus. Just imagine, "Little mites, smashing news! There's no need to queue at the food bank this year. We can buy a turkey breast between the six of us thanks to Master Jeremy's kind 'earted jesture!". " Little Johhny your rickets will be cured by January! Rejoice my little ones!" 😉

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Jeremy you will be pleased to observe the Svbony variation has a smooth barrel. Just think with that £30 saved, your butler can this Christmas feed his kids with the extra bonus. Just imagine, "Little mites, smashing news! There's no need to queue at the food bank this year. We can buy a turkey breast between the six of us thanks to Master Jeremy's kind 'earted jesture!". " Little Johhny your rickets will be cured by January! Rejoice my little ones!" 😉

You forgot to add Little Johnny proclaiming "God bless us, every one!" at the end to complete your Christmas Carol😁

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of the Svbony kit on their Amazon site is 20% off for Prime members/Black Friday deals. Including the scopes.

I just ordered the 10mm and 18mm UFF for £120 the pair. Should be here tomorrow, far quicker than Aliexpress can do and just slightly cheaper.

So it might be worth joining Prime for a year a £79 just to save £100 on a scope. If you think the scope is worth the price (I've no idea).

Edited by UKDiver
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, UKDiver said:

A lot of the Svbony kit on their Amazon site is 20% off for Prime members/Black Friday deals. Including the scopes.

I just ordered the 10mm and 18mm UFF for £120 the pair. Should be here tomorrow, far quicker than Aliexpress can do and just slightly cheaper.

So it might be worth joining Prime for a year a £79 just to save £100 on a scope. If you think the scope is worth the price (I've no idea).

As much as I feel slightly icky lining Jeff Bezos' pockets, I've had a Prime sub for years. Like anywhere else there's loads of tat but there's also bargains to be had with the added bonus of speedy delivery and convenience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Excellent selection. If I didn't already have a collection of LVWs I'd be having a serious look at these.

I've bought them along with a couple of other makes/types/sizes from here and ABS to start to see what I like to look through. Although I think I don't yet know what I'll like. As for the weather...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, UKDiver said:

A lot of the Svbony kit on their Amazon site is 20% off for Prime members/Black Friday deals. Including the scopes.

I just ordered the 10mm and 18mm UFF for £120 the pair. Should be here tomorrow, far quicker than Aliexpress can do and just slightly cheaper.

So it might be worth joining Prime for a year a £79 just to save £100 on a scope. If you think the scope is worth the price (I've no idea).

Be interesting to know how you get on with them and that's a good price for both.

I've pulled the trigger on a pair of 10mm Svbony UFFs for my binoviewer but they're coming from China so it'll be a while before I get to try them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, 12green said:

How will these compare to BST Starguiders in F10 SCT ?

 

I'd expect them to be a bit better and when my 10mm eyepieces arrive I'll do a side by side with my 8mm Starguider.

The nice thing about having an f/10 SCT is that the long focal ratio and relatively flat field should enable most eyepieces to perform at their best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/11/2021 at 18:45, UKDiver said:

A lot of the Svbony kit on their Amazon site is 20% off for Prime members/Black Friday deals.

I just looked at the amazon link for the 18mm. Then I found the same EP on Amazon Spain (being as how that's where I am ;) )

Just substituting ".es" instead of ".co.uk" on the web page shows quite an interesting result. Even without accounting for the £ - € exchange rate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pete_l said:

I just looked at the amazon link for the 18mm. Then I found the same EP on Amazon Spain (being as how that's where I am ;) )

Just substituting ".es" instead of ".co.uk" on the web page shows quite an interesting result. Even without accounting for the £ - € exchange rate.

Hopefully to your benefit. I couldn't find the EP on the site.ref SV190. Just found it. Looked ok to me.

Edited by UKDiver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I needed to go back to the Amazon svbony site and find it from there.

The 10mm is 52.49, the 18mm is 74.99, compared with £59.99 and £90.28 respectively on the UK site. So the 18mm looks like better value in spain.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Svbony distributor, Retevis is doing an Ebay special offer at the moment.

The 10mm is £44.99 until tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVBONY-SV190-1-25-UF10mm-Ultra-Flat-Field-Eyepiece-Fully-Multi-Coated-60-Degree-/284532210530?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

The 18mm isn't listed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Svbony distributor, Retevis is doing an Ebay special offer at the moment.

The 10mm is £44.99 until tomorrow.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVBONY-SV190-1-25-UF10mm-Ultra-Flat-Field-Eyepiece-Fully-Multi-Coated-60-Degree-/284532210530?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

The 18mm isn't listed.

The 18mm is on Amazon. Funny thing is that it’s still from the same seller (retevis eu)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.