Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tonight.. could it be... a clearish night for first time in over a month ?? What's that you say ? full what ?

powerlord

Well... forceasts all over the place for Ipswich.. meteoblue showing clear sky, but maybe ground fog. clearoutside showing 100% cloud till midnight, then maybe some clear sky..

It's the sort of forcast I usually wouldn't bother setting up for. Add to that, the big bright white blob that will be hanging over the south sky for most of the night at its biggest, brightest and blobbiest.

However.. beggers can't be choosers.. so the 200P is setup on the EQ6-R, with asi1600 and filter wheel, etc.

best case, I get to try my first mosaic (though it is going to be terrible thanks to that nasty big blob).

worst case, I get nowt at all.

Probable case -  i have to image the nasty big blob as it's the only thing I can see.

In my head I imagined these long winter nights as being the nirvana for imaging I'd been waiting for - 10+ hours of imaging in a night!

hmm.. maybe it'll get better if we get some high pressure.

humpf.

stu

image.thumb.png.f9b961184dcc6c56c62a543ae2205339.png

Met office. 

image.png.745cea7c80f283b4fe03c81d2303509f.png

Nice partly cloudy red sunset at the moment, but not enough to set anything up. Feels like it's been cloudy forever! But I have noticed when I get up in the night it's clear 🤔

Edited by Laurieast

I have set up too. I got my l-extreme last week so the moon should not bother me and hoping to get some IC1396 to add to the load I have using the UV/IR. I've taken a flyer as despite me thinking it could be clear I also bought a Telegizmo cover so I'm going to leave it out all night as tomorrow is forecast ok too 🙂

• Like 1

I'm sure the full Moon repels water vapour to lower atmospheric levels where it is absorbed.   Less cloud on a full Moon.... simples.

As I have said before, you see more full Moons than you do New Moons...   and that's a fact.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Laurieast said:

image.thumb.png.f9b961184dcc6c56c62a543ae2205339.png

Met office. 

image.png.745cea7c80f283b4fe03c81d2303509f.png

Nice partly cloudy red sunset at the moment, but not enough to set anything up. Feels like it's been cloudy forever! But I have noticed when I get up in the night it's clear 🤔

I've noticed that too. Been up at around 3am and a lot of nights it's been nice and clear with a good view of Orion in the south. 

• Stu changed the title to Tonight.. could it be... a clearish night for first time in over a month ?? What's that you say ? full what ?

Well... About 50% imaging not cloudy. But another 30% by condensation forming on asi1600 glass.. Not had that before..stuffed dew heater between ota and efw at 2 am.. Fixed an hour later.

So rosette mosaic time... And cloud again... Plus summit else dewing up.

I think I might have a total of an hour of usable subs.

Oh that's not great. I set mine up last night in the vain hope of at least getting polar aligned, sorting my focus offset for the L-eXtreme and then doing some PHD2 calibration to be ready for the clear evening tonight. Of course that didn't happen and we have friends over tonight.... Hopefully get polar aligned while I nip to the bathroom and then manage the rest from the dining table. I've already warned my wife 🤣🤣🤣