Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skytee 2 - Slowmo Adjustment

wibblefish

Finally got to try out my new Skytee in anger. Good mount, solid and smooth with the clutches disengaged holds nicely. Slow mo seems to work well but I have noticed that while the AZ responds immediately the Alt seems to take a 1/2 turn or so before it engages and feels “looser” somehow.

Is there a way of adjusting this to remove the “play”? 

Not sure about your mount, but this issue is a bit common i guess.  I had the same.  I solved it by loosening the part of the mount which has the wormwheel in it.  It had some room to adjust.  I loosened the part and pushed the wormwheel a bit more into the worm.   It solved the slow reactiontime as you described.

0C790A66-30AE-4B51-BBDB-505BBB58379E.jpeg.1b58426e743e5dc40b4d9c6ddf8f363f.jpeg

when this black lid was loosened, the arm, including the slomo control (worm), came a bit loose.  That way the worm ( behind the slomo knob) could be pushed to the worm wheel for a tighter connection.  

Edited by Robindonne

I think it can be adjusted much like most mounts out there.

Have a look at this thread - it contains doc with steps to strip down the mount - that will come in handy when you adjust worm / worm gear engagement:

Thanks, I am a total newbie at this sort of thing :) Just don’t want to take a new mount apart and make it worse / not be able to put it together again!

Maybe I shall leave it till the summer then take my time when there is not much astro going on!