SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

can i use a Baader Hyperion Zoom Barlowlens 2.25x in my imaging train? for dso

• iwols changed the title to can i use a Baader Hyperion Zoom Barlowlens 2.25x in my imaging train? for dso

Possible: yes

For what purpose is this, planetary or DSO? For planetary you would want a barlow with more oomph and for DSOs you really wouldnt want to use the barlow at all as it makes everything worse. One of my earlier imaging attempts was with a barlow since i could not reach focus otherwise. Terrible experience and there is no more detail in the picture compared to no barlow.

Maybe if guiding and the atmosphere were exceptionally stable, but otherwise not a good idea.

• Like 1

You can get an adaptor to allow you to use the hyperion eyepiece and barlow for eyepiece projection which might be a better solution. I have used the Hyperion barlow directly, but the spacing is a bit random and I have no idea what magnification it actually gave.

• Like 1