SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Atik 314L camera - driver installation problem

woldsman

Hoping someone has solved the problem I am having installing an Atik 314L. The error message I am getting reads as follows:

”Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

Synoptics USB 2.0 EF Camera (A)

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52).”

When the CCD is connected, it appears in device manager under USB  it with a padlock/exclamation symbol. When right clicking and updating the drivers, it insists it has found the best drivers regardless of whether I direct it to new, old or usb1 drivers. 

Any ideas how to fix the issue gratefully received!

Thanks for replying, Anne. Yes, have installed the core software. Things have moved on. On my newest laptop, I still have the same issue with the drivers. On an older laptop, Windows says that the camera is working fine with the drivers. This indicates the problem on the newer machine may be due to security issues. On the older machine, however, the Artemis capture software can’t connect to the camera. So I am stuck!

I downloaded Sharpcap to the old laptop as well. When attempting to connect, I got an error message while starting Synoptics USB 2.0 Camera (A) under the Atik camera menu. Unplugging and restarting everything did not result in a fix. So hitting a dead end at the moment.