Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark skies in North Kent area?

gobes

Unfortunately I live in the Medway area, in North Kent (just outside Gravesend)... which seems to be one of the worst places for light pollution.

Does anybody know of any good areas within a short traveling distance - that are good for observing? Any small pockets etc where light pollution gives way a little?

Thanks for any tips.

Unfortunately I live in the Medway area, in North Kent (just outside Gravesend)... which seems to be one of the worst places for light pollution.

Does anybody know of any good areas within a short traveling distance - that are good for observing? Any small pockets etc where light pollution gives way a little?

Thanks for any tips.

If your in the Medway towns you could head for Snodland, turn left at the bull pub in Snodland high street, then turn first right. Follow this road for about half a mile, turn right again and follow for about half a mile until you get to the view point at the top of Holy hill. high elevation, no light pollution and spectacular views.

I grew Up in the village of Burham in north kent, I had a south facing garden with clear southern and western horizon without a single street light for about four miles in either direction! My god how I would kill for that now!

I grew Up in the village of Burham in north kent, I had a south facing garden with clear southern and western horizon without a single street light for about four miles in either direction! My god how I would kill for that now!

That wasn't the Rochester Road was it? My sister used to live there, in one of the cottages set back on the hill - stunning views!

That wasn't the Rochester Road was it? My sister used to live there, in one of the cottages set back on the hill - stunning views!

No, it was St Marys Walk. Nothing but fields out the back. I can remember lying on the wall outside my house on summers nights just staring up at the stars with the milky way as clear as anything.

Romney Marsh/Dungeness, one of my favourite places to go for the day. :blob8:

Wonderful place, really recharges the batteries from the hustle and bustle of normal life.

Dungeness is officially classed as a dessert.

Think I'll go there tomorrow and have a pub lunch at the Pilot Inn :lol:

Steve

Archived