SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Frustrating night (at times) with SG Pro and 'centre here'

fwm891

Trying to image a comet ( 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko) last night, gained t he co-ordinates from CdC and pasted them into SGP's Framing and Mosaic wizard - slewed to the right area but the comet was just inside the edge of the frame so a right click, select centre here and the comet disappeared all together! Back to the FM Wizard, set a bigger display area so I could off-set the framing to (I thought) put the comet in the centre or close to centre. Second slew comet had nudged a little further from the edge but nothing like expected...

Well this cycle went on for a while but still couldn't get the comet anywhere near the frame centre either by changing the framing in the FM Wizard or by asking it to 'Centre here'. There is also the problem with SGP that unless it does centre and re-sync to the framing it will always go back to the error position...

Opened ASI Studio and connected the camera (ASi533 MC Pro), opened CdC and 'found' the comet there. Connected the telescope to CdC and clicked on the comet - slew to cursor position - 67P almost perfect centre. Minor correction on the CdC screen and slew to cursor position and it was centred.

Set ASI-Studio to capture four sets of images at different exposures job done.

In defence of SGP if selecting an 'M or ngc etc' then I've not had a problem with the FM Wizard centerring said object. I just find that when ever I've tried to use Centre Here I have problems.

Moan over

Clear skies

Edited by fwm891
Text added