Az GTi drops connection via wifi or wired to PC

Joe84

Hello there,

I have updated my AZ GTi wifi to allow for eq mode, but since then i feel the mount just hasnt worked but its hard to say as the skies have been terrible anyway.

So i tried to update over wifi and it would never seem to work so i bought a mount to usb cable which updated the firmware first time with ease.

But now it seems whether in AZ or eq mode the mount just doesnt want to do anything. I try to do an alignment it starts for a second then stops. If i connect to the pc via the usb cable and use the windows version of synscan the same thing happens. Even when just slewing randomly it will cut out and i have a circle in the top right of the app that spins around im assuming means lost connection or some ind of issue.

for a while i thought the issue was wifi based but now im having the same issue with it wired im very confused. 

do i need to revert to an older firmware perhaps? currently on 3.33.A5 i think.

Anyone had this issue? would really appreciate some advice,

thanks a lot!

Joe

11 minutes ago, GoldTop57 said:

How are you powering the mount?

You beet me too it... I was thinking the same thing... it sounds more like a power issue than a comms issue, especially as an EQDIR cable  is being used. 

One other alternative for the OP  is to download ASCOM and EQMOD and see if the same drop out in communications between PC and mount occur

• Like 1