Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The "Southern Triangulum" Galaxy - NGC300

MarsG76

Greetings Astronomers,

Sharing with you my image of The "Southern Triangulum" Galaxy - NGC300 is located in the constellation "Sculptor". Known as the "Southern Triangulum" because it resembles your northern galaxy M33 within the constellation "Triangulum" which is not visible from the far southern hemisphere latitudes.

Imaged across multiple nights (fighting many cloudy nights) between 29 October and 2 November 2021 for the Luminance and Hydrogen Alpha data for a total exposure time of 12 hours and 50 minutes, than added the color data I captured between 28 September and 24 October back in 2019 with my full spectrum modded and cooled DSLR.

I captured a night worth of R, G & B data through filters with my QHY268M, but I think my RGB filters are of either very poor quality and/or leak too much NIR resulting in a flattening/canceling of the color signal where the combined data turned out looking sepia-mono with very little color vibrance... This I will need to investigate further.

It's forecast to rain and cloud for the next week, so I had the option of either wait until (possibly) after the full moon to capture new color data, process as a monochromatic image or add my old DSLR OSC stack captured in the past as color data to color the QHY268M UV/IR Cut Luma stack.

Image taken through a 8" SCT using a QHY268M astronomy camera at f6.3 and a full spectrum modded and cooled Canon 40D DSLR.

Clear Skies,

MG

NGC300_HaLOSC 29Oct-2Nov2021 12h50m00s FrmSm.jpg

• Like 4