SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Macclesfield Star Atlas

11 hours ago, Capt Slog said:

I'm becoming convinced that the light of the moon gets rid of clouds, because the only clear nights I see are when the moon's out!

I was until last night, it cleared and we had no Moon last night..... First time in a longtime though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, apaulo said:

i was planning on going to cassiopeia for my hols, no point now, there weathers the same as ours.

Well I was thinking of going to Venus for mine… at least it’s warm but cloudy.
Then I thought about Mercury… warm and clear skies, but little or no atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

I was until last night, it cleared and we had no Moon last night..... First time in a longtime though.

Mine was the night before.  I managed to find Uranus, and revisited a few Messiers.  I'm generally looking for fuzzies, and the moon makes it difficult to impossible too many times.  :) 

I don't looking at the moon now and then of course, but there's only so much I want to see.

Edited by Capt Slog
  • Like 1

On 04/11/2021 at 10:47, Richard N said:

A new concept in the realistic depiction of the night sky.

IMG_2827.jpg

Isn’t that why Lovell built a radio telescope near there? He’d worn out his carpet strolling up and down waiting for the Maccaluf clouds to part 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1