SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vixen Super Polaris Repair?

kev

Hi all

My vixen sp mount (with dual axis motors) is feeling its age. The gears are not meshing between the motor and mount.   I will be having a look myself but can anyone point me in direction of some company that can repair?  im not after super duper performance. i use it visually si stand is fine. i just want it to work and after 40 years of use it probably deserves some tlc.  

Tia

Kev

On 02/11/2021 at 09:03, kev said:

Hi all

My vixen sp mount (with dual axis motors) is feeling its age. The gears are not meshing between the motor and mount.   I will be having a look myself but can anyone point me in direction of some company that can repair?  im not after super duper performance. i use it visually si stand is fine. i just want it to work and after 40 years of use it probably deserves some tlc.  

Tia

Kev

That makes me feel old... I can remember you carting that to many a start party at Fairlands Lakes back in the 80's :)

Hope you are well Kev

It sounds like the little grub screw may have come loose on one or more of the cogs that mesh together.

It’s a fairly easy job to slide them down the axle so they mesh correctly and then tighten the securing grub screw with an Allen key.

On 03/11/2021 at 20:21, malc-c said:

That makes me feel old... I can remember you carting that to many a start party at Fairlands Lakes back in the 80's :)

Hope you are well Kev

Yes im well thanks.  

That mounts done thousands of miles and probably thousands of rotations too.  

Keep well Malc, Dawn