Narrowband

Orion. In Ha Mono - UPDATE: now also in narrowband with natural(ish) palette

powerlord

50 mins last night. asi1600, sy 135mm stopped down one. 6 x 10 mins. Mono

I plan to continue tonight with S and O, but thought I'd process the Ha in mono too.

Processed in Affinity Photo. Click and zoom in for full size. got quite a lot of detail in there.

final_m42.monoHa.afphoto.thumb.jpg.e1f479a145bf7f490e2396dc5042ed94.jpg

Last night clearoutside said 1 hour of clear skies, rain at 4. other forecasts all disagreed with each other. It was clear at 5.30pm.. so I set up.. and got 11 hours of clear skies !! The other hours all spend on IC1396..

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 20

Got loads more ha, o and s last night. Sky pin sharp. So reckon I'm gonna do summit a bit weird with it.. Try processing each as a clean mono that stands on its own, then also do an SHO. Watch this space.. Well prob not this space.. Suppose can rename title... Yeh.. Makes sense.. Watch this space!!  😁

• powerlord changed the title to Orion. In Ha Mono - UPDATE: now also in narrowband with natural(ish) palette

So, here we go

240 mins Ha

200 mins Oiii

100 mins Sii

Don't think hubble palette works for M42, and HSO doesn't do much with the blue either, so it's a bit of a missmash to basically just get it the way I wanted it to look.

Might add some RGB stars later, but for now its just the Ha for the stars.

Click for full res version. comments welcome as always.

2021_11_04_m42.final.thumb.jpg.818be964c76721f33969089f9ffb748c.jpg

• Like 2