Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI 294MC Master Dark Help!

Hello all, 

I'm attempting to calibrate and integrate my images from my very first session with the ZWO ASI 294MC and I'm having problems.  I think I've tracked the problem down to the Lights Calibration with my Darks. 

If I exclude the master dark I see my target (see attached pic top right) when testing with a single light frame, if I include it I don't (top left).  Is this right?!

dark help.png

Edited by scitmon

• scitmon changed the title to ASI 294MC Master Dark Help!

Ok a little more progress.  I've retaken my darks (30 frames), matched length, temperature, gain and offset.  They are working much better but they have not eliminated the amp glow on the right:

Any Pixinsight users with the ASI294MC outthere that have success calibrating this out?

dark help 2.png

Are you calibrating with BIAS frames as well as Darks? If so, try using only Darks.

I found that using BIAS as well left a residual amp glow on the stacked image with my ASI294MC Pro. I now only use Darks, Flats & Dark-Flats.

I'm so new to this I'm not sure I can help but I don't get that with my 294. I do use flats and flat-darks too but not sure that's relevant here.

The only thing is that I use WBPP and don't do it manually as it were so what happens if you use the script instead?