Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help needed for connecting cameras to laptop

I have recently purchased a new laptop operating windows 10 and I am in the process of setting it up for use for both video astronomy and astrophotography. I have downloaded the software and drivers etc 

I have been attempting to connect a Lodestar X2 for use with lodestar live / starlight live and when connecting to the camera, it momentarily works then ceases.

I have also tried to set up a QHY polemaster and am having a similar issue.

I have downloaded the software and drivers etc for use with the cameras and I have tried both on previous laptop and both cameras work OK so it is not the USB lead or the cameras. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PatG

Check the powersave options on the laptop, and try disabling the USB selective suspend option.

The USB selective suspend feature allows the hub driver to suspend an individual port without affecting the operation of the other ports on the hub. Selective suspension of USB devices is especially useful in portable computers, since it helps conserve battery power.

usb.png.089079b689d54af64596a13ab0d0af7e.png