SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Short sequence aurora from last night....

Glad to see somebody saw something last night.   

It looked like a 'perfect storm'  in terms of the event, the weather , the Moon and it was a week-end, and the clocks went back !!

Not much to see here in North Yorkshire.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tiny Clanger said:

Happy someone saw something  🙂 , it was clear here for about 4 hours up until approximately 1am, but I'm just too far south ...

Heather

Folk reported seeing it as far south as yourself. Do you use the Glendale app?

1 minute ago, Altocumulus said:

Folk reported seeing it as far south as yourself. Do you use the Glendale app?

I checked out several online sources including that one before going out , but saw nothing aurora like myself ( Altho', facing the other way, Jupiter was magnificent 🙂 )   Unfortunately there's a city to the north of me , with far too much skyglow above it, so it's going to have to be a pretty big show to be visible from home ! 

Still, I live in hope, and if there's a high probability prediction on a clear moonless night in the future, I've a spot picked out about a 40 minute drive away which would offer a decent view in the right direction without a major conurbation right in front of it !

Heather