SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SVBONY eyepieces

beka

Hi All,

Was just wondering about SVBONY eyepieces. Browsing their site, they don't seem to have specific lines of eyepiece products like other companies. They also seem to use designs like Plossl freely without regard to the actual design. For example here they have 4, 5 and 6 element different arrangement eyepieces all called "Plossl". Then some SVBONY eyepieces on Amazon like here don't seem to exist on their own web site. Finally all the eyepieces are very inexpensive and generally are seen favorably by users on this forum. So are they actual manufacturers or are they scavenging  surplus eyepieces from elsewhere and reselling? Do the likes of Stellarvue and Baader have to be worried?

Best!

Svbony eyepieces are made for them by various manufacturers. While the real cheap ,stuff isn’t great quality the mid and upper priced ones are pretty good. Their zooms are particularily good value and good performers.

Many of the Svbony eyepieces are also sold under other brand names. They do have great customer service as well and do support their products and they seem to be rapidly expanding their product ranges from scopes and accessories.A company to watch in the future.

https://www.svbony.com

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, banjaxed said:

I have had their 68 degree 20 mm eyepiece for a couple of years and it is one of my favourite eyepieces. It is the one with the red band around the barrel.

Exactly the one I have used it for the first time last night and it surprised me how clear and bright the image was Jupiter looked great 3 bands visable. 

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

Exactly the one I have used it for the first time last night and it surprised me how clear and bright the image was Jupiter looked great 3 bands visable. 

Just what I thought Paul, not bad for £20.00 ish are they?

SVBONY is now marketing a whole range of astro products.  They seem to be curating their offerings more carefully than some of the predecessor Chinese/HK brands like Vite.  None of their offerings are junk, just low cost.

I have their solar finder and their 68° Ultra Wide Angle 20mm:

They've been repackaging some existing designs to make them more attractive, like the 68° Ultra Wide Angle line.  It's basically the same as the older 66° Ultra Wide Angle Expanse line, just more handsomely packaged.

It’s good to see a new company doing things the right way and they seem to be adding what customers actually want. Have heard nothing but good things about their customer service and support. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

This is interesting as I have seen this brand on Amazon but avoided them like the plague (figured they were junk) but it seems I may have been wrong and they have some winners.

Edited by Sunshine

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

This is interesting as I have seen this brand on Amazon but avoided them like the plague (figured they were junk) but it seems I may have been wrong and they have some winners.

It's worth noting that Svbony tends to be cheaper on ebay than on Amazon - even when the seller is the same. This is the 20mm 68 degree eyepiece at £30 on Ebay and £40 on Amazon. The only difference is if you have Prime on Amazon you can get it delivered a bit quicker, but delivery is free on both.

20mm Amazon

20mm Ebay

edit: just noticed Sunshine is in Canada - price difference is certainly true in the UK

Edited by Shimrod
  • Thanks 1