Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

Had a really pleasant day today.. I met up with Steve (@Saganite) and we put the world to rights as well as chatting about scopes, of course, over lots of coffee and a couple of rather nice savoury snacks..

I had the pleasure of seeing Steve's gorgeous restoration project, "Arcturus", his lovely AE 114mm F14 achromat. Steve in turn, wanted to handle "Trinity", my Tak FS128.

So we did a swap, and here is the pictorial evidence, me with my new achromat and Steve with his new Tak...😁😁

Dave

IMG_20211029_132828516_BURST000_COVER_COMP.jpg

IMG_20211029_133109425_BURST000_COVER.jpg

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, wookie1965 said:

Steve is a very nice bloke sent me some 7x50 binoculars which I have had some great views through. 

Hopefully one day I will get to meet you both for a chinwag. 

Yes, Paul, Steve is a top man in every way.

It would be nice to meet you in person at some point too!👍

Dave

• Like 1

You and I actually met once Dave - I bought a manual CG5 on a 2” tripod from you. I still have it, now with motors, rarely used these days except for occasional high power planetary sessions with the C8 or 102ED. 👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RobertI said:

You and I actually met once Dave - I bought a manual CG5 on a 2” tripod from you. I still have it, now with motors, rarely used these days except for occasional high power planetary sessions with the C8 or 102ED. 👍

I remember that old CG-5 well, Robert..I actually mounted my then 5" D&G F15 refractor "Andromeda" on that mount..😱😱😁 (Steve now has her pier mounted  on an AZ100).

A good workhorse mount, still going strong by the sound of it!👍

Dave

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Steve is a very nice bloke sent me some 7x50 binoculars which I have had some great views through. 

Hopefully one day I will get to meet you both for a chinwag. 

That would be good Paul, I look forward to it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saganite said:

was actually quite serious about the swap, after all my scope is twice as big as his.  Maybe Dave is considering it.......I won't hold my breath......:grin:

...is it actually physically possible for a human to hold it's breath for 30 years Steve??:glasses12:🙃😎

Dave

• Haha 1

Two beautiful refractors there!  I'd be happy for either frac to come on their holidays at anytime. 

I can't remember ever giving names to any of the many scopes that I've owned, other than abbreviating their brand name. My present scope, not too surprisingly, is called Taki. I do however, think of my scopes as being alive, as if they enjoy in equal measure our time observing time together. Taki is male by the way! Weird or what!!?

"What gender is your scope?" might be an interesting thread for someone not right in their head to start, but as I'm perfectly normal I'll leave that one for someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Two top chaps together in fact! Great pictures Dave.

I just want to know who tried to run away fastest? Think I would have cracked sub ten seconds for the 100m if I had that Tak in my hands/arms, even with a slightly awkward running style! 🤣🤣

• Haha 5

Nice to see another secret Car Park meet up, I wonder how many of those us Astronomers have.
I remember meeting @garryblueboy some years ago at a service station and have done so on other occasions too for sales and purchases,
but for a 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours...' 🤣

Nice to see both your faces and scopes, they look great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Alan White said:

Nice to see another secret Car Park meet up, I wonder how many of those us Astronomers have.
I remember meeting @garryblueboy some years ago at a service station and have done so on other occasions too for sales and purchases,
but for a 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours...' 🤣

Nice to see both your faces and scopes, they look great.

And a very Pleasant meet it was Alan I think it was you showed me yours and I brought it 🤣😂

• Haha 2