Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Compression ring on skywatcher 72ed

Hi Folks,

I'm a little concerned about securing the image train on my Skywatcher 72ed. I have a ovl field flattener, zwo 533mc and spacers.

The stock fitting is pretty poor. I looked into a baader clicklock but, a. These don't seem to come with the right thread and, b. They're really expensive. I was wondering if anyone has experience fitting the ovl into one of these? I read somewhere that the tapered nose of the flattener may cause the compression ring to not grip??

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-2-inch-compression-ring-adapter-for-sky-watcher-newtonians-and-72ed-refractor-m54.html

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance 

Simon 

1 hour ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Hi Folks,

I'm a little concerned about securing the image train on my Skywatcher 72ed. I have a ovl field flattener, zwo 533mc and spacers.

The stock fitting is pretty poor. I looked into a baader clicklock but, a. These don't seem to come with the right thread and, b. They're really expensive. I was wondering if anyone has experience fitting the ovl into one of these? I read somewhere that the tapered nose of the flattener may cause the compression ring to not grip??

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/astro-essentials-2-inch-compression-ring-adapter-for-sky-watcher-newtonians-and-72ed-refractor-m54.html

Any other suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance 

Simon 

Simon, Have a read of this thread may shed some light

Andy