Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sbvony products.

ollypenrice

26 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Someone has finally dared to ask the question

I've been waiting for someone else to ask

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

I've been saying SV-Bony

I've heard it pronounced that way in YouTube videos. Then again, I've heard eyepiece reviewers on YouTube saying "Possl".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suppose an English speaker shouldn't growl too loudly since we have a word with six consecutive consonants.*

At the other end of the scale I live near a French village called Eyguians which I consider to be an example of irritable vowel syndrome.

Olly

*Kinghtsbridge. We're used to it but imagine a rational being looking at ghtsbr in the middle of the word and preferring Svbony any day. :D

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I suppose an English speaker shouldn't growl too loudly since we have a word with six consecutive consonants.*

*Kinghtsbridge.

We also have one that is only six consonants.  And it's related to astronomy: syzygy.

James

3 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Do we? Time for the dictionary. (I've heard it said by sausages, though, while frying in a pan.)

Olly

It's in my Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus.  It's (not unsurprisingly, perhaps) the last word under 'S'.

James

From an online dictionary.

At first glance, syzygy appears to be a somewhat singular member of the English language. Despite its appearance, however, it does have etymological ties to a few words in Modern English. Syzygy can be traced to the Greek syzygos ("yoked together"), a combination of syn- ("with, together with") and zygon ("yoke").

Edited by johninderby

I had a feeling there was another similar word relating to brewing, but now I've remembered the word it turns out to be two sets of three consonants separated by a vowel, which is nowhere near as impressive: zymurgy.

James

Not sure why all you are so sarcastic about this company and its name. Their T2 and M48 extender sets are cheap (a fraction of the price from our UK/EU dealers) and works great, and really good to have in excess when you struggle to get the right distances in your rig, but I would probably not try the rest of their offerings.....

Edited by gorann

3 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I had a feeling there was another similar word relating to brewing, but now I've remembered the word it turns out to be two sets of three consonants separated by a vowel, which is nowhere near as impressive: zymurgy.

James

Let me guess. Zymurgy, a depressive state afflicting brewers whose ales refuse to clarify and have excessive deposits of a largely brown character at the bottom of the barrel. Also a digestive disorder brought on by imbibing such ales.

Olly

• Haha 1