SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi all from Glasgow Scotland

Tommy1987

Hi all long time lover of anything space related new to stargazing telescope arriving tomorrow can anyone point me to a astronomical events calendar for uk/Scotland i usually stargaze at queens view car park on way to Stirling im visiting a dark skies area on 1st of November Dumfries and Galloway 

• Like 4

Welcome. Hope you have lots of fun with the new scope. 🙂

There are a few ‘queens views’ so not sure which you mean but I’m sure you’ll travel far to beat the Dumfries and Galloway experience. (Weather permitting being the usual caveat.) 🤔🤞

Enjoy. 

Hi Tommy welcome to SGL .    try and visit the isle of seil  just above Oban over the atlantic bridge, make your way to Balvicar and theres a wee road on the left that takes you to the  hills .   I went there years ago and you could not see your hand in front of your face!  but the stars were amazing and there were millions of them not a streetlight in sight either, but you'll need a torch to set up.   I had a yellow van and you could not see that  either.

David