Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Strange feelings…

fwm891

It’s strange but if someone had said to me a year ago that I’d be buying a frac and building a dob, I think I would have asked them if they were feeling ill.

Now here I am having bought a 4 inch frac and built a 16 inch dob.

Imaging was all there was. Then I picked up a pair of bins to just ‘look round’ whilst my imaging sessions moved on. I haven’t captured a single photon with my imaging set up for months, but I find myself grabbing the frac at any chance of cloud breaking…

How things can change!

Trouble now is having been a “goto man” for so long I find I’m having to relearn the sky.

• Like 5

You love it! Finding stuff in the night sky the traditional way with a manual mount and a star atlas is half the fun! I've never owned a goto and never done any imaging but after 30+ years of stargazing I know the sky like the back of my hand. My other half has taken an interest and she has an app on her phone which she points at the sky and it shows her what's up at the time. She's telling me what I can see tonight! It also works whilst sat in the living room pointing the damn thing at the ceiling, which she prefers because it is too cold outside at night 😀. I said that was ok, because you can see the universe on your phone dear, no need for both of us to get cold. 😀

• Like 2