Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sgl4 - last call!!!!

daz

HELLO CAMPERS!!!

This is the last call for any other members wishing to book a place at SGL4!

We need to give the campsite numbers and start making final arrangements, so we will close the bookings on

MONDAY 2nd MARCH - 6PM

If you think you may want to go, but cannot confirm until nearer the time, then please let me know and I can make a note.

Now, to a small confession. Those of you that have receieved your confirmations already, you'll be getting another one soon. The software that I was using to generate the statements and "invoices" has crashed in spectacular fashion, so I shall be reverting to that stalwart of all accounts and bookkeepers - Excel!

Obviously I need you to just check that I still have your bookings correct - apologies for this, but I just want to be sure that I have all the information correct.

There are 4 or 5 new bookings that I need to send confirmations for, and these will be out early next week for you to check.

Really looking foward to this now, and to meeting lots of new people!!

Cheers

OK, unless you're very good at begging then the list has now closed for SGL4.

There are about 40 astronomers coming, but with partners/kids/aunts and uncles, we should be close to around 60 people on the field.

Now is the time to start checking your camping gear and ordering the last few bits and bobs from FLO!!

Really looking forward to meeting everyone, start praying now to the weather gods please!!!!

I'm gutted, because I'd love to come and meet all you guys, and put some faces to names.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to confirm if I can go until Saturday.

And now it's too late...:lol::cry::blob8:

If I bring you lots of beer, Daz, and if I can make it, can you accommodate just one last humble stargazer? Really sorry, but I can't confirm before Sat.

Richard

On a more serious note....

Unfortunately, one member has had to pull out for personal reasons. Therefore, there is a place going begging if anyone wants it.

Be quick though, after Saturday, I will be sending off the names and making final confirmations.

Hi Daz

Ok, I'm in - managed to confirm today. One adult, power please, if there's any going.

I'll PM details and get funds to you asap.

Really looking forward to it, so thanks for that.

Just out of interest, is there a limit on pitch size? I have two tents. One is a 2-person dome, the other an 8 sleeper and it's pretty big.

Could be a good comedy moment, as everyone watches me trying to put up the big tent, on my own, in the driving rain...

Having not been to anything like this before, what would you recommend? Big or small tent? At least with the big one, I can store my scopes out of the weather, no problem.

Archived