SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LBN782 from Kelling Heath Sept 2021

carastro

I have been wanting to get this little beauty for some time, but getting to darker clear skies at the right time of the year was proving to be a problem.  I managed to get one night on it at kelling.  It needs some more but same problem.

William Optics  ZS71 and Atik460EX 
Lum 23 x 600  (3h 50m)
Red 11 x 150 binned 
Green 9 x 150 binned
Blue 10 x 150 binned  (RGB 1h 15m)

Total imaging time 5 hours 5mins

spacer.png

• Like 16

That is actually preety good.  I assume the Kelling is a dark sky site?  The image appears very close in...is it a crop?  I think more data would improve the image and there is probably no limit if the Kelling is dark (but that would be a lot of trips!).  I assume the sfaint spots are controlled stars?  

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

I assume the Kelling is a dark sky site?  The image appears very close in...is it a crop?  I think more data would improve the image and there is probably no limit if the Kelling is dark (but that would be a lot of trips!).  I assume the sfaint spots are controlled stars?  

Kelling Heath in Norfolk UK is Bortle 4 and Most people here know the site which has star parties twice a year,  Unfortunately I would not get access to that site until the same time in 2022 unless I went to the Winterfest there which I think is in December.  Plus you can;t rely on the weather there at this time of the year.  No it's not a crop, apart from stacking overlaps.  Yes I would love to get more data on it, but the chances of doing so are not great.   

Yes the faint spots are reduced small stars.   I did try a version of removing stars and just putting the bright ones back in, but I thought the result looked a step too far. 

However further to your comment about the background stars I had another go at trying to suppress them and think I have done a better job of that now, so thank you for that.

spacer.png

Carole  

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1