Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello, ive took a video of Saturn through a telescope and my 8 Plus. Is the following video good enough to stack? Can I also know which software is the best for stacking frames in a video? And how to get started

Hi and welcome to the forum..

I agree that its worth stacking those videos but first I would run them through software called PIPP, this software will allow you to center and crop the video which will give the stacking software like Autostakkert a much easier time as well as reducing file sizes.

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Hi and welcome to the forum..

I agree that its worth stacking those videos but first I would run them through software called PIPP, this software will allow you to center and crop the video which will give the stacking software like Autostakkert a much easier time as well as reducing file sizes.

Alan

Hey, that's really helpful. I used PIPP to convert this video to AVI file type. I'll try again to center and crop it. Thank you so much 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strangequarkk said:

Hey, that's really helpful. I used PIPP to convert this video to AVI file type. I'll try again to center and crop it. Thank you so much 

From memory its done automatically if you tick the right boxes.

Alan

• Thanks 1