SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Early dusty M45

tooth_dr

Here is my attempt at M45.

Lum data from APM105/QHY268M 27000s

RGB data from Epsilon180/ZWO2600MC 28920s

Two panel mosaic with a total exposure 15.5 hours in 120s subs (~8 hours per panel)

There is a bit of noise, and the OSC stars needs to be made smaller, but something to work on once I get another couple of nice nights on it.

C+C welcome

Adam.

M45-LUM-OSC-TEST.jpg

• Like 40

That's very impressive. I've made a couple of attempts at M45 but was never happy with them as the background looked like a smeary mess. I can see I needed a lot more integration time even though the subject itself is bright.

The stars look small enough to me. 😀

Alan

• Like 1

A lovely image. Stars look great to me. 

I can’t remember if you use Pixinsight & wondered if you’d used their new debayer and alignment of RGB data separately to better align the stars. I haven’t yet but it looks as if it would certainly better align the colour focus on osc cameras.

Edited by Scooot

14 minutes ago, Scooot said:

A lovely image. Stars look great to me. 

I can’t remember if you use Pixinsight & wondered if you’d used their new debayer and alignment of RGB data separately to better align the stars. I haven’t yet but it looks as if it would certainly better align the colour focus on osc cameras.

Cheers Richard.  Currently just using APP for the stacking and alignment and the PS to process further.  The learning curve of PI seems steeper than vertical, maybe some day...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, symmetal said:

That's very impressive. I've made a couple of attempts at M45 but was never happy with them as the background looked like a smeary mess. I can see I needed a lot more integration time even though the subject itself is bright.

The stars look small enough to me. 😀

Alan

Thanks Alan, it's be reduced to 40% to original size.  The stars with the refractor are excellent as youd expect, but the reflector stars are a bit more bloated.

Oh that is very nice! Adam!

24 minutes ago, Scooot said:

I had a quick play with that yesterday - looks to be pretty good!

• Like 2

This absolutely stunning Adam!

I dread to think how long it will take my little 51mm Redcat to get enough data to get anything decent but I really can't wait to start. 

I've found one of the greatest ways to boost enthusiasm even further on cloudy nights is seeing others great images. Looking forward to seeing even more data on this. 👏

• Like 2

Very nice indeed.

I noticed an asteroid trail so did some investigating and then found a second fainter and well hidden trail. They both appear to be from data taken on the night of 14th /15th. (796) Sarita is obvious over to the left above center and (793) Arizona is right in amongst it but plain to see when zoomed in full size.

I know, I know, some of you guys see theses trails as a nuisance!! :) But playing with these things keeps me sane during these weeks of endless cloud.

image.thumb.png.9ff4cd8e1dc77de4c452481cace213b1.png

EDIT: You caught them both twice, Here they are close together a few night earlier:

image.thumb.png.fd0b167c8ae1673c4950dab7ec72fde8.png

Edited by Paul M
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Paul M said:

Very nice indeed.

I noticed an asteroid trail so did some investigating and then found a second fainter and well hidden trail. They both appear to be from data taken on the night of 14th /15th. (796) Sarita is obvious over to the left above center and (793) Arizona is right in amongst it but plain to see when zoomed in full size.

I know, I know, some of you guys see theses trails as a nuisance!! :) But playing with these things keeps me sane during these weeks of endless cloud.

image.thumb.png.9ff4cd8e1dc77de4c452481cace213b1.png

EDIT: You caught them both twice, Here they are close together a few night earlier:

image.thumb.png.fd0b167c8ae1673c4950dab7ec72fde8.png

I seen these in the image Paul.  Thanks for identifying them. I had a suspicion they were something slow moving and not an artefact. I don’t mind these at all, unlike artificial satellites 

• Like 1

I like that Adam! Nice and vibrant (without being OTT) and lots of lovely dust on show. And with a slight reddish tint to the dust on the RHS, which to me is always a sign of a really good M45. M45 is not an easy one to process. It's deceptively difficult, due to it being so bright, so i think you've done excellently here. 

• Like 1