Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Table for Heritage 150p tabletop dob

MiladyB

This weekend my Dad and I got round to making a portable, adjustable table for my Heritage 150p. I thought I'd share how it's made in case anyone might find it useful. I can't take any credit for the planning, but I did get to use a bunch of power tools, and I'm really happy with how it's turned out! 

I had some old pine bed slats kicking about in the garage, and we used these to make the top, adding 3 indentations for the scope feet. There are pronged T-nuts set into the top, which the legs screw into from underneath.

The legs are made from one length of 180cm 2x2, cut into 4 (the finished height is perfect for me at 5'5 to stand and observe). They have a thread to wood thread dowel screw in the top end, and a pronged T-nut in the foot end, into which adjustable height self-levelling feet are screwed, so uneven ground isn't a problem.

The whole thing packs down flat for transport, and will fit under the boot floor in my car.

As soon as I get a dry day I'll sand and varnish it, to protect it from dew etc.

MiladyB x

20211017_123323.jpg

20211017_104334.jpg

20211017_210856.jpg

20211017_210903.jpg

20211017_211805.jpg

Edited by MiladyB
  • Like 7

• MiladyB changed the title to Table for Heritage 150p tabletop dob