Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Mid-Wales

David127

I've been a lurker on here for a while but this is my first post.

I bought my telescope (Skywatcher Skymax 127 Synscan AZ Goto), several years ago but it has been stored away for most of that time.

Having recently retired at the age of 67 I have now got the time to start using it again.

A certain amount of arthritis makes leaning over a telescope outside in the cold a less than pleasant experience so I am looking into the best way to carry out my observing from indoors!

With that in mind I have purchased the Synscan WiFi adapter and can now control the Goto mount from my laptop.

The next step is to bring the image indoors as well. I have been told that Father Christmas has already shopped early this year and a ZWO ASI 224MC camera might be found under the Christmas tree in due course.

So I have a couple of months until then to start from scratch and learn something about astrophotography. I hope you won't mind if I use this excellent forum to help me along the way.

David 

• Like 1