SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Traditional Hubble Palette M17

MeyGray3833

Howdy,

I have finally been able to sit down and complete the traditional SHO version of the M17 data set that I have collected.

https://pbase.com/grahammeyer/image/171962359

You can use the size buttons at the bottom of the image for different views and details are with the image.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers and clears.

M17_SHO_Web.jpg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Stephen Green said:

Very nice image and detail I like the colours

Thank you Stephen. I like to leave some of the green in my SHO images. 👍

11 hours ago, HiveIndustries said:

We've come a long way. Nice work.

image.png.8082cee662457f2777d1c2bcbdd0058b.png

Wow, thanks Hive, a very interesting image. And I guess that image was taken at the cutting edge for that time as well. 

LOL! Not that my gear is cutting edge! 😁

Edited by MeyGray3833

That's the first sketch ever of M17 by Herschel. Seeing as he had a pencil and paper I think he'd look at your image and be pretty astounded, call it cutting edge and be flabbergasted by the idea that you think your gear is no good ;)

Dude had a 48" telescope and you just did this on something that is a fraction of that size using a technique that had probably only been done a few times (keeping the shutter open) ever. Oh and you're tracking the sky mechanically. Pretty certain if Herschel came back today he'd be happy to hang with you and your scope heh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HiveIndustries said:

That's the first sketch ever of M17 by Herschel. Seeing as he had a pencil and paper I think he'd look at your image and be pretty astounded, call it cutting edge and be flabbergasted by the idea that you think your gear is no good ;)

Dude had a 48" telescope and you just did this on something that is a fraction of that size using a technique that had probably only been done a few times (keeping the shutter open) ever. Oh and you're tracking the sky mechanically. Pretty certain if Herschel came back today he'd be happy to hang with you and your scope heh.

LOL! Can't argue with that! 😄