Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Milky Way Processing With Affinity Photo Help

I've have many attempts at Milky Way image processing using Affinity Photo and watched/read various guides and really struggle to get good results. There's not many specifically on Affinity Photo. I normally adjust white balance, play with contrast, highlights, shadows and curves. I can never seem to bring out much detail or colour in the Milky Way. As an example of the data I'm working with here's an unprocessed image below. I don't want to blame the data because I'm sure the problem is my poor processing skills! Any suggestions on some basic work flows for an image, such as the one below, would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_1388.thumb.JPG.20d7e4786bc6d0a49ea76c2d88d723cb.JPG

• 1 month later...

I've continued to play and watch various tutorials to try and get a decent result. I've used curves to increase contrast, HSL and selective colour to remove light pollution, shadows/highlights and brightness contrast adjustments to bring out additional detail. Any and all feedback greatly appreciated. The battle is brightening the Milky Way without highlighting the light pollution or messing up the overall colours.

IMG_1388.thumb.jpg.f727e4fe8efb20b94e9bdae708973322.jpg

• Like 1