SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heads up Jupiter 15th October…..

dweller25

And the met office, Beeb weather, and clear outside all offer variations on 'patchy cloud' round here,  until total  cloud cover arriving around midnight  .

I'll be prepared (I was in the Brownies after all) but without a high level of expectation ...

Heather

Not the best seeing, both 8” dob and 80mm frac set up. The dob suffering from bad tube currents too, even the moon is boiling.

Some nice views in the 80mm frac, at one point a staggered stair of GRS, shadow of Io and NEB barge. 

Best view for me was at twilight, managed to see the darker North and South polar regions and the North and South equatorial belts. The GRS was on show but it was very subtle and Io’s transit shadow could just be seen.

Seeing got gradually worse and clouds stopped play at 20:15. 🤷🏻

Clear here but seeing in and out. Io shadow transit prominent and Io egress seen. Barge in NEB as above. 4" ED refractor @ 140x with Baader CB filter. Seeing better earlier at twilight, Cassini Division and EQ band on Saturn @ 187x with Baader Orange longpass. Copernicus showing great detail, nice shadow.