SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eastern Veil Nebula (NGC6992) Mono

tooth_dr

Part of a two panel mosaic, this is panel # one which has 2 hours 15 minutes in Ha via 300s subs through the APM 105/650  QHY268M / 7nm Baader filter (with some Oiii added from the Tak via the NBZ filter / 2600MC OSC - the Ha data from the 4" scope/mono totally blew away the Ha data from the OSC and the NBZ filter in the 7" Tak, with similar total exposure time)

I'm still getting to grips with things, but the 4" refractor is just an incredible scope, and despite its small aperture it returns fine detail.

Here is a quick process of the data, a decent amount of fine wispy detail to be seen on closer inspection.  I am planning a full process of the data once I get the second panel finished.  I have just managed 3 subs on it so far and hope to get it finished this autumn. I've posted the two panels below, just as a rough stack to give you an idea of the final FOV.

C+C welcome

Adam.

Veil-TEST-STACK.thumb.jpg.2dc33ecf3179bf08a1cc2e54aa6b8531.jpg

Veil-mosaic.jpg.4c7a4794858482c976bf434d919b4333.jpg

Edited by tooth_dr
  • Like 15