Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all. 
As of late. I’ve been having a load of issues with ascom. When I try and load any of the application up I keep getting something 55 and app already running. 

now I think I’ve sorted this, when I start eqmod to control the mount the little box that loads up keeps flashing on and off the screen, I try and exit the program and it just continues to flash. When I go into task manager it’s not in there? Please help! 

This has happened to me in the past so I just tried it without the mount connected and got the little box flashing. Stopped it by going into task manager - processes - end task.

Connect your mount, then start eqascom setup, search and find the port, then start eqascon run. 

Hope it helps. 

EQMOD is not a stand alone program so it MUST be started via third party software such as C du Ciel, stellarium or Sharpcap etc. If EQMOD fails to connect because the comms port is incorrect or the mount is not switched on then it will continue to be called by the third party software to try and make the connection.

Shutting down the software used to call EQMOD will stop the "flashing". EQMOD will not appear in program manager

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

EQMOD is not a stand alone program so it MUST be started via third party software such as C du Ciel, stellarium or Sharpcap etc. If EQMOD fails to connect because the comms port is incorrect or the mount is not switched on then it will continue to be called by the third party software to try and make the connection.

Shutting down the software used to call EQMOD will stop the "flashing". EQMOD will not appear in program manager

Thankyou! I will try again tonight. I’m a total newbie and all this confusing the life out of me 😂

As Tomatobro states, the only way to have EQMOD running is to have the mount powered up and connected to the PC.  If the mount is unpowered or the EQDIR cable disconnected the com port or communications won't be established and EQMOD will constantly pop up and vanish as it can't connect to the mount.  Whilst EQMOD is not a standalone program, it can be used without any other instruction form other software via the tool box utility which is uses to initially set up the application, provided the mount is powered and connected to the computer.

• Like 1