Stacking in ASIStudio

GrampyG

Hi

Has anyone got any thoughts on the stacking in ASIStudio?

I've just switched from a DSLR to a ZWO camera and have been used to DSLR raw files. I've found that using FITS files from the camera give better images in the ASI software than DSS; it is also very fast.

Cheers

G

I did have a go with the stacking in ASIStudio and it seemed to work fine.

My only issue with it is you don't have any settings you can manually set, you get what ASIStudio thinks is best. I've haven't tried it with subs which include satellite trails etc to see how well it deals with those. I know DSS can remove them and any green cast on the stacked image with the correct settings.

It all really boils down to what gives the best results for you. ;)   

12 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

I've haven't tried it with subs which include satellite trails etc to see how well it deals with those.

I've had a quick look at asi studio stacking and was reasonably impressed. It did get rid of satellite trails and although does a certain amount of auto processing (which was good enough for me to show round at the star party) I do believe you may be able to just get the stacked image. It's on my 'to-do' and list to dig deeper... 

• Like 1