SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Astromaster 130 Help

Help needed please, I am new to stargazing and have just bought a used celestron 130 telescope. The first day of setting it up i accidently dropped it and the mirror at the back came loose. I have managed to place it back but i think it is not lined up properly. I managed to see jupiter last night but had a view like a big spider. 

If anyone can help i would  e most thankful. I am a complete novice so not to sure what I'm doing

41 minutes ago, PaulSea64132559 said:

The first day of setting it up i accidently dropped it and the mirror at the back came loose

Usually the mirror cell is fixed to the tube via screws and should not just come loose. It would probably be a good idea to post a photo or two of the rear of the scope so that we can see what damage has occurred. 

43 minutes ago, PaulSea64132559 said:

I managed to see jupiter last night but had a view like a big spider. 

This just means that you were out of focus and does not mean that there is anything wrong with the telescope. You just need to wind the focuser in or out to make the image as small as possible to focus it.