Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starsense Auto Align Help.

I have not used my Starsense for about a year so I decided to set it up on a different scope and set the relevant info. Not sure if it is because I was using it with a Skywatcher mount and am now using on a Celestron mount but I can't get past the time and date settings. When it comes to the Zone setting I can change it to all the corners of the earth but when I press the Option button to enter my long and lat position  Nothing happens. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

I though that the skywatcher mount needed an additional adapter block where to cables plug in, it wasn’t needed for the celestron…. Something like that? Not sure if that would result in what you are seeing.

Peter

29 minutes ago, PeterW said:

I though that the skywatcher mount needed an additional adapter block where to cables plug in, it wasn’t needed for the celestron…. Something like that? Not sure if that would result in what you are seeing.

Peter

Yes you are correct the only difference is the adapter which enables the connection to the Skywatcher mounts. I am not using the adapter so in theory it should work with my Celestron mount.

Hi. Yes I should work with the celestron. I bought mine from flo. They didn't have the celestron version so they sent me the skywatcher version. I was told its exactly the same but has the additional control box for a skywatcher mount. My works perfectly with my celestron avx mount. 

1 hour ago, banjaxed said:

Yes you are correct the only difference is the adapter which enables the connection to the Skywatcher mounts. I am not using the adapter so in theory it should work with my Celestron mount.

What mount are you using it with? There was an issue with the Celestron GPS module which required a bit of boot up time (and I recall being finicky about splitters and/or ports used on the mount) - this was fixed with a patch. Could this be causing the issue? Worth checking the firmware version of the handset.

13 hours ago, Shimrod said:

What mount are you using it with? There was an issue with the Celestron GPS module which required a bit of boot up time (and I recall being finicky about splitters and/or ports used on the mount) - this was fixed with a patch. Could this be causing the issue? Worth checking the firmware version of the handset.

I am not using the GPS module so it shouldn’t be that causing the problem. If I can explain the problem more clearly, when switching on the mount I press align then starsense auto then enter, then press enter again to edit the information. I can change the time and date but when I get to zone to check my location it doesn’t let me make any further actions with any button. Hope I made myself more clear.

3 hours ago, banjaxed said:

After searching for the answer I found that using the menu and option buttons I was able to enter my location, all I need now is a clear night 🙄

Good to hear you got it fixed! I have yet to get out with any telescope since the nights started drawing in - and the forecast is for clouds again all week!

• Like 1