Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moravian G2 3200 MkII & filter wheel

astrognosis

This is a bit of an esoteric question  and I expect requires somebody with direct knowledge.

I have a  Moravian G2 3200 MkII camera and external Moravian EFW-2s MKII filter wheel.  I had been trying to get the FW to work with The SkX pro using the  3rd party Sky X download  which I wasn't able too.  I have no decided to try and get it working first with   Moravian 's own  package SIPS.

Okay I stared on a new PC.  and from the Moravian download site I downloaded and installed for 64 bit   1)  Sips ver 3.24. 64bit.       2) System driver files for Gx/Cx cameras for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10.   3) Program tools for Cx and Gx Cameras.    I was able to select my camera on the  Devices imaging camera tab.  However it reported 0 filters. I was expecting 12 so I ran  item (3)  Program tools for Cx and Gx Cameras which showed 12 available. I ran this tool to write and confirm 12 filters.  I still get 0 filters ??   can you help?  

This has driven me to distraction  during the past few weeks .

Here's hoping Eric

Hi, 

I have the G2-8300 with the integrated filter wheel and I haven’t used SIPS in a long time, but I do recall there being a separate utility for setting up the filter wheel, it had it’s own desktop icon on the screen after installation. Have you run this?

Steve

Hi Tomato,

yes I have tried this.

I have had a reply from Moravian, via the UK dealer with respect to what LED lights should show when the filter wheel is homing.  I'm not getting what is expected so it seems an expensive return to the manufacturers.  I'm out of warranty, though I have not used the camera until very recently. An expensive camera and it would seem more to come before I have  really used it beyond setting it up.

• Sad 1

On 08/10/2021 at 12:12, astrognosis said:

Tomato,

I'm having problems trying to get a hold of anybody at Moravian to confirm the situation and arrange repair.  I'm prepared to be impressed, not so far though.

I'd go back to your UK dealer as they had a bundle of money when you bought it... give them a chance to earn it! 

Peter

I've finally solved the problem myself.  There is a sensor that homes the filter and locates filter positions.  This was not correctly situated.  I moved it  until it picked up the filter positions.  Works ok.

I wouldn't touch that company now or  recommend them at all or there present UK  dealer.  Not able to contact them at all and get help beyond first notification.

8 hours ago, astrognosis said:

I've finally solved the problem myself.  There is a sensor that homes the filter and locates filter positions.  This was not correctly situated.  I moved it  until it picked up the filter positions.  Works ok.

I wouldn't touch that company now or  recommend them at all or there present UK  dealer.  Not able to contact them at all and get help beyond first notification.

Good to hear you have it sorted, I'd forgotten about the flimsy sensor in the filter wheel! 

One thing I do like about the Moravian camera I have is it's ability to remain working through the loss of a USB connection, all the other cameras I've owned switch off the cooler!

Peter