SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Does anyone know if Altair Astro are still trading?

mrflib

I've tried to email a couple of times in the last 2 weeks, tried to call a few times - no response to email and no one to answer the phone.

I have a stock enquiry (website says to email to check stock). I don't want to pay them if they're out of stock and won't be possible to get a refund!

Supplier reviews threads are all locked, so posted in the only place I could think would accomodate a thread such as this.

Cheers

1 hour ago, mrflib said:

I've tried to email a couple of times in the last 2 weeks, tried to call a few times - no response to email and no one to answer the phone.

I have a stock enquiry (website says to email to check stock). I don't want to pay them if they're out of stock and won't be possible to get a refund!

Supplier reviews threads are all locked, so posted in the only place I could think would accomodate a thread such as this.

Cheers

They are not good at all, at answering emails or the phone, …and I mean “not good”….😉

Try Facebook messenger, that seems to work….

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

They are not good at all, at answering emails or the phone, …and I mean “not good”….😉

Try Facebook messenger, that seems to work….

Thanks Stuart. Unfortunately I don't use Facebook (which seems to screw me over a lot) so I guess I'll just have to import what I want from Germany!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

You don’t need to use Facebook to use the messenger app….👍🏼

It's more of a moral decision to not use Facebook products. As I say, I'm the outlier and it does screw me over!

• Like 2

I think if a company doesn't respond to an email in a reasonable time (for example next working day) it is better to take you money elsewhere.
Emails can be dealt with anytime they have 5 minutes to spare.
If they are busy they can do it out of hours away from the shop/warehouse.

As for facebook and associated packages - don't get me started🤬. That was before this weeks service collapse🙄

Good luck with obtaining whatever it is.

David.

I get the impression they respond to the ‘easy’ queries and just leave the tricky ones alone! You’re probably better off going to one of their ‘retailers’ such as Harrison Telescopes. IMO they produce fantastic, well thought out products, and are enthusiastic about astronomy, but just have inconsistent customer communication. 

• Like 2

I’ve had similar issues with getting any form of reply from Altair Astro and it’s getting frustrating!

I purchased an IOptron Mount back in January (2021) and they sent it out minus the hard case but with an extra counter weight. I eventually got through to Altair and was told it was a common mistake and that they would send the case out when it comes in stock and also arrange for the Counter weight to be returned to Altair. I told them they could have it collected the next day (which it was). Over the months I have Emailed them on numerous occasions with no reply. I’ve phoned them on numerous occasions. Twice they have answered the phone and I’ve been fobbed off with ‘Oh it’s IOptron fault, they can’t source the materials for the hard cases’. I’ve even been down to there shop (when I was in Norfolk) and got no answer there.

I’ve spoken to IOptron who told me they’re was no issue with the materials and they have been shipping cases out worldwide for months.

It seems that Altair are in some cases, terrible at customer and after sale service.

17 minutes ago, Meteorite Mike said:

I’ve had similar issues with getting any form of reply from Altair Astro and it’s getting frustrating!

I purchased an IOptron Mount back in January (2021) and they sent it out minus the hard case but with an extra counter weight. I eventually got through to Altair and was told it was a common mistake and that they would send the case out when it comes in stock and also arrange for the Counter weight to be returned to Altair. I told them they could have it collected the next day (which it was). Over the months I have Emailed them on numerous occasions with no reply. I’ve phoned them on numerous occasions. Twice they have answered the phone and I’ve been fobbed off with ‘Oh it’s IOptron fault, they can’t source the materials for the hard cases’. I’ve even been down to there shop (when I was in Norfolk) and got no answer there.

I’ve spoken to IOptron who told me they’re was no issue with the materials and they have been shipping cases out worldwide for months.

It seems that Altair are in some cases, terrible at customer and after sale service.

As already mentioned, their very active on FB. If you use it, it might be worth posting up something on the page for all to see..

This is the message on the website in plain view for all to see.

We are trading at Kelling Heath Starparty. Open again Monday 11th Oct. Orders & emails will be processed when we return. Thanks for your patience.