Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 2021 Challenge 6 - Jupiter

Well SGL's  planetary imagers have certainly come up with the goods with this challenges.  Some very high resolution images including some with lunar detail.  This was always going to be a tough one to judge and I am so sorry some outstanding entries weren't placed in the top 3.  We found ourselves dancing around on the head of a pin making our selections.  However, the scores are in and here are the results.

1) Astrovani - Transit of Europa, concealment of Io

e36f7870-399c-4ddf-b8c2-fb154d6a137f.gif

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/379363-sgl-2021-challenge-6-jupiter/?do=findComment&comment=4125852

2) LucasM

2021-07-02-0614_4-LM_WJ_R6_FW_PIX_PP.png.aea5a55a05900b07f2121bb257542d69.png

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/379363-sgl-2021-challenge-6-jupiter/?do=findComment&comment=4125605

3) Pete Presland

2021-07-17-0223_3-RGB-Jup_grad6_ap431_convLIMB-ERASE-new.png.1a5cc968ab65b253c22c3d4511cc8e16.png

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/379363-sgl-2021-challenge-6-jupiter/?do=findComment&comment=4117652

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, happy-kat said:

So many great images, will done all. It's amazing what can be captured.

It was so difficult this one, I spent a lot of time looking at them, it would have been easy to place any one of 10 images in the top 3

Alan

Congrats on the winners well deserved everyone. Some great images on here. Though in the future one would hope Equipment used. And location and elevation. Might be part of the Criteria for judging. Not just ultimate quality. Some of what the UK guys had to deal with here. Mark And Geoff. for example. And the quality they produced. Really speaks of a great achievement. Glad Pete got a mention here, at 22 degrees elevation.  Hopefully in the future one would hope this may be considered a little more. Not to take away from the quality of the winners. Which is excellent and well deserved mind. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Congrats on the winners well deserved everyone. Some great images on here. Though in the future one would hope Equipment used. And location and elevation. Might be part of the Criteria for judging. Not just ultimate quality. Some of what the UK guys had to deal with here. Mark And Geoff. for example. And the quality they produced. Really speaks of a great achievement. Glad Pete got a mention here, at 22 degrees elevation.  Hopefully in the future one would hope this may be considered a little more. Not to take away from the quality of the winners. Which is excellent and well deserved mind. 

Sorry you aren't happy with the decision Neil and I understand the point you are making.

12 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Sorry you aren't happy with the decision Neil and I understand the point you are making.

Its no big deal Martin. The images chosen are indeed superb. So can see why they was chosen. And they are well deserved winners.  But perhaps you can see where i am coming from i hope. Enough said. Once again well done on all the superb work  posted on here.

Congratulations to the winners and kudos to all the participants! There were some amazing entries in this competition, and some faced difficult conditions due to elevation. I hope this inspires us to continue imaging far into the future!

Reggie🚀

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the comments, it was a very high standard as always. 

I got lucky for once with the conditions, as we all know you can produce what the given conditions will allow.  This image was one of many captured at around 2am during July, really hard to motivate yourself on a work day to get up at this time, especially when the conditions are so unpredictable.  I can remember having a warm glow all day at work thinking about the data i had captured earlier 🙂

• Like 2