SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Recommended Android/iOS Camera Apps

DMH

Hi all, I thought that maybe a useful topic to have could be recommendations for Android and iOS Camera Apps in case new people come along.

So far I have used:

Native Android - Works well but no manual controls

ProCam X Lite - I have used this to capture videos and photos, shoots RAW and seems ok. Feels a bit clunky and slow sometimes.

Toying with getting Camera FV-5!

I use Camera FV-5 and it’s the best android phone app I’ve used yet. Just so flexible and easy to use. 👍🏻

Don’t bother with FV-5 Lite though as most functions are disabled.

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I use Camera FV-5 and it’s the best android phone app I’ve used yet. Just so flexible and easy to use. 👍🏻

Don’t bother with FV-5 Lite though as most functions are disabled.

Be aware though that some phones seem to limit the functions that other camera apps can access.  Mrs G had a Nokia Android phone, and FV-5 couldn't go beyond 4 seconds, even though the built in camera could take longer images.  But it was a pretty rubbish camera at night anyway 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DMH said:

Hi all, I thought that maybe a useful topic to have could be recommendations for Android and iOS Camera Apps in case new people come along.

So far I have used:

Native Android - Works well but no manual controls

ProCam X Lite - I have used this to capture videos and photos, shoots RAW and seems ok. Feels a bit clunky and slow sometimes.

Toying with getting Camera FV-5!

I downloaded deepsky camera beta haven't had a chance to use it yet could you have a look and let me know what you think