SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another back garden unguided - NGC7000

Taken a few nights ago but redone today in StarTools now I seem to be getting the hang of it (previous version is my avatar). Best 50 frames from 90 x 60s iso1600, no cal frames apart from 5 darks I took today at roughly the same temp. I think this is a beaut! Thanks for looking 😀

NGC70000410RP.png

Edited by Dazzyt66
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Looks great to me!  👏

Thanks! It totally amazes me what I can accomplish 10mins from Donny centre with a cheapo lens and DSLR combo - obvs my mount is good though! 😁

34 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Thanks! It totally amazes me what I can accomplish 10mins from Donny centre with a cheapo lens and DSLR combo - obvs my mount is good though! 😁

Every time I (foolishly) attempt a deep sky image using my Star Adventurer, I realise that quality of mount is SO important!!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Every time I (foolishly) attempt a deep sky image using my Star Adventurer, I realise that quality of mount is SO important!!  

To be fair my tripod and mount are permanently outside (covered of course) and polar alignment is pretty much spot on using the Ekos polar alignment tool - and of course I use autofocus and plate solving to centre the target, so all that prep helps the budget stuff perform as well as it can 🙂

• Like 1