Jump to content

Banner.jpg.5ed196c1e70861ebc79109e023c96067.jpg

Finally got the team back together….


Stu
 Share

Recommended Posts

That is great to hear you're getting sorted out and planting roots in a new spot, that beachside spot is just beautiful! lets see, you have an 8" dob, 16" dob and a 130mm LZOS? the only thing you are missing is an H-Alpha scope. 

oops, did I just disrupt your plans? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

Well, Stu, I'm sure your equipment list would be less boring to read than Jeremy's list of all the scopes he has that have handles..:rolleyes2:

Dave

I could shorten it by listing all those that don’t have handles or start with a T. 🤔

Think that would be my Pocket Borg 25 🙄

Mind you, your list organised by focal ratio would be a bit tedious, Dave 😳

Seriously, though @Stu, I’d be interested in your equipment list. I see people are already offering suggestions of how you can fill gaps which I didn’t know existed. 

Edited by JeremyS
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don’t worry Jeremy, the Telementor isn’t going anywhere. I was going to post up a list and description of all my current kit but to be honest it started boring even me, so I just saved it somewhere and decided not to inflict it on you lovely chaps and chappesses 🤣🤣

Or get someone with an "interesting" voice to whisper it instead - astro ASMR.  It's a thing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdeQ0Jvalw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QpMeCAesak

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Don’t worry Jeremy, the Telementor isn’t going anywhere. I was going to post up a list and description of all my current kit but to be honest it started boring even me, so I just saved it somewhere and decided not to inflict it on you lovely chaps and chappesses 🤣🤣

Well, even if it is a long list Stu, I reckon it would still be really useful for everyone - how about just listing your ‘main’ or most used scopes? 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That is great to hear you're getting sorted out and planting roots in a new spot, that beachside spot is just beautiful! lets see, you have an 8" dob, 16" dob and a 130mm LZOS? the only thing you are missing is an H-Alpha scope. 

oops, did I just disrupt your plans? 

I’ll post up a full list, but I do actually have that covered with a 102mm PST mod 👍👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit of fun, a list of scopes in a random sort of grouping….

The Light Thimble and Peashooter

TAL Alkor 65mm f7.7

Zeiss Telementor 63mm f13.3

The Four Inch Fleet

Televue Genesis f5

Takahashi FC100DC f7.4

Vixen FL102S f8.8

The Frac pack

Celestron Omni 120 XLT f8.3

APM LZOS 130mm f6

Meet the Dobs

Orion Optics 8” f8 1/10th wave

12” f4.8 Truss Dobsonian (project!)

16” f4.2 Truss Dobsonian

The Sun Worshippers

Vixen 102mm f10 PST Mod

150mm f10 PST Mod project

Clinging on….

Heritage 150p


The most used are the FC100DC and 8” f8, mainly due to their convenience and the fact that I use the Tak for lunar, planetary, doubles, widefield and solar white light. The 8” is lightweight and easy to carry out, plus gives great results and doesn’t need hours to cool.

As Magnus mentioned, I’ve got a 12” mirror set from him to fit to my truss dob bought some years back, which should make a good setup to use from home regularly.

Obviously I hope that the 130mm f6 will become a regular favourite on the AZ100 for a wide range of uses.

The Celestron ‘Zombie’ 120XLT will largely be used for white light solar but I’ll try it out at night too I should think.

I was planning on selling the Heritage 150p, but it didn’t seem to shift and now there is some market competition from @JeremyS and @Chris so I will likely hang on to it now, will be handy for Lorna to use when she is a little older.

Oh, and the small matter of the 150mm f10 that I bought a while back with the intention of using it for a PST mod. I’ve got a decent sized D-ERF now and all the bits needed, and a suitable mount so perhaps one day this will get sorted.

A quite frankly silly number of scopes but hey, I enjoy them so I guess they will hang around.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

A bit of fun, a list of scopes in a random sort of grouping….

The Light Thimble and Peashooter

TAL Alkor 65mm f7.7

Zeiss Telementor 63mm f13.3

The Four Inch Fleet

Televue Genesis f5

Takahashi FC100DC f7.4

Vixen FL102S f8.8

The Frac pack

Celestron Omni 120 XLT f8.3

APM LZOS 130mm f6

Meet the Dobs

Orion Optics 8” f8 1/10th wave

12” f4.8 Truss Dobsonian (project!)

16” f4.2 Truss Dobsonian

The Sun Worshippers

Vixen 102mm f10 PST Mod

150mm f10 PST Mod project

Clinging on….

Heritage 150p


The most used are the FC100DC and 8” f8, mainly due to their convenience and the fact that I use the Tak for lunar, planetary, doubles, widefield and solar white light. The 8” is lightweight and easy to carry out, plus gives great results and doesn’t need hours to cool.

As Magnus mentioned, I’ve got a 12” mirror set from him to fit to my truss dob bought some years back, which should make a good setup to use from home regularly.

Obviously I hope that the 130mm f6 will become a regular favourite on the AZ100 for a wide range of uses.

The Celestron ‘Zombie’ 120XLT will largely be used for white light solar but I’ll try it out at night too I should think.

I was planning on selling the Heritage 150p, but it didn’t seem to shift and now there is some market competition from @JeremyS and @Chris so I will likely hang on to it now, will be handy for Lorna to use when she is a little older.

Oh, and the small matter of the 150mm f10 that I bought a while back with the intention of using it for a PST mod. I’ve got a decent sized D-ERF now and all the bits needed, and a suitable mount so perhaps one day this will get sorted.

A quite frankly silly number of scopes but hey, I enjoy them so I guess they will hang around.

This list reads more along the lines of a shops inventory tally, this is awesome. There are two more scopes I need to complete what I will need for ever, really, I’m placing an order for a 60mm double stacked Lunt and I’m searching for an Orion 8” intelliscope. With these two combined with my TSA-102 I can’t see why I would ever want more.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now you have the AZ100, what about a C9.25 to work in parrellel with a wide field APO? I have an AZ100 up and running I was thinking of such a set up to have wide and narrow field available at the same time. The LZOS would be available while the C9.25 is cooling. Due to school nights I would have finished viewing before the C9.25 would of acclimated, some thing for the future.

By the way got the T2 Baader BBHS mirror working tonight on Jupiter, superior in the LZOS to all the other Baader diagonals I have.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Deadlake said:

Now you have the AZ100, what about a C9.25 to work in parrellel with a wide field APO?

Been there, done that, quite enjoyed it. Might be something to consider in future but the budget is blown, the cupboards are full and anyway, I think I have most bases covered.

57EB6048-70EC-4BC1-89FB-61784EB8D8D6.jpeg

3ED7DA64-F3E8-48ED-AFB1-69C511044EAD.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Been there, done that, quite enjoyed it. Might be something to consider in future but the budget is blown, the cupboards are full and anyway, I think I have most bases covered.

57EB6048-70EC-4BC1-89FB-61784EB8D8D6.jpeg

3ED7DA64-F3E8-48ED-AFB1-69C511044EAD.jpeg

Why did you sell the C9.25?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.