Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m33

alacant

Hi everyone

Another one which works with a moon, albeit last quarter. Not as dim as we thought, but maybe we're looking at reports by visual astronomers.

Thanks for looking and do post your dslr shots of the same.

700d on gso203 ~4-1/2 hours @ ISO800

2-33.thumb.jpg.57c6c712b492e7e70e7738a3bca25dfe.jpg

Edited by alacant
english
  • Like 15

Awesome to see that even nebulous regions of other galaxys can be picked up by modded DSLRs, didnt know if this was possible before now :D.

Do you think this would benefit from a HA filter to bring out more nebulous regions, or is this a job for dedicated astro cameras only?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grant93 said:

Do you think this would benefit from a HA filter to bring out more nebulous regions, or is this a job for dedicated astro cameras only?

A modded DSLR is essentially an astro camera sensor without the cooling capabilities. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AstroMuni said:

A modded DSLR is essentially an astro camera sensor without the cooling capabilities. :)

Good to know :D

1 hour ago, Shimonu said:

That nebulosity in the top-right, or bottom-left in the second picture, looks very interesting. I'm sure it looks spectacular from inside the galaxy.

A bit unrelated, but I read somewhere that if the Tarantula nebula in the LMC was as close as the Orion nebula is to us, it would cover the same area as 60 Full moons, and be bright enough to cast shadows. Now I dont know whether that would be magnificent to see or a hinderence to the other Nebulas it would overshadow 😅.

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Good idea. Especially with StarTools' latest NBAccent module. In fact, it maybe an idea to try loading just the red from this into the same. 

I tried to use that NBA module on my NAN after downloading the bleeding edge version, but couldnt work out how to use it :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grant93 said:

couldnt work out how to use it

Similar to AutoDev, but used mainly for combining narrowband data with RGB data. No more jumping through hoops trying to merge Ha with red etc...

Details here.

Cheers