Narrowband

Have a read of this???

Astroman is going to go nuts at this!!!

I went to visit my Nan yesterday, she had a copy of the Daily Mail. For Astroman that a daily paper here - it's a standard news paper - not everyone agress with it's veiws but it's not known for talking complete b*ll*cks...

The article is entitled "Who made the Moon?" - I should have stopped reading at that point but something compelled me to carry on, I'll quote a few bits from the article but not all as it would take a fair while to type it ll in.

That is the startling conclusion of a new book which claims, incredibly, that the moon is, in fact, an articial construction.

In other words, it's not like othe celestrial bodies - the planets, the stars, suns and asteroids - fomed by natural processes. Someone or something made it, and placed it in the heavens.

They claim the moon was manufacured by what they call an "unknown Creative Agency", primarily to serve as an "incubator" for life on Earth.

For if the Earth weren't at the exact angle it is in relation to the Sun - if it were upright like Mercury, for example - there would probably be no seasons, and extreme variations in temerature. Our oceans would be frozen, but the equatorial regions would be too hot to sustain life.

As it is, the Earths position and angle of tilt in relation to the sun allows a comfortably narrow band of temperatures and an average temperature of 14.5 C.

Scientists also beleive the ebb and flow of tides on earth caused by the moons gravity have played a vital role in evolution. The first organisma to come out of the oceans and live on land were probably mollusc-like creatures stranded in rock pools at low tide.

If the moon did not exist, the Earth would spin so fast that a day would take about 8 hours. Butler and Knight argue that with such quick days, and the constant interuptions of equally fleeting nights, complex life forms would not have evolved on our planet.

[they now start talking about eclipses] This might seem to be a happy coincidence, an optical illusion with no purpose, but the authors beleive that it is more significant. It derives from the fact that the Moon is 1/400th the diameter of the sun, yet the moon is 400 times closer than the sun. This breathtakingly neat symmetry, say the authors, is a mathematical "letter from the stars" to the human race from the Unknown Creative Agency" - a celestial clue that this has been carfully designed for our benefit.

[now they are talking about who made the moon] It is for this reason that the authors have gone for the thrid option : Time travelling Human beings.

Somehow our decendants in the duistant future discovered the secret to time travel and came back through Blackholes, parallel universes or wornholes to a time when our planet was just a "young limp of unstratified matter" and made the moon.

Thats about as much of it as I want to type.

There are a few things that I want to say here.

The last quote is a major paradox - if the Hunam Race evolved without the moon and went on to discover time travel - why come back and add a moon?

Also I beleive it's called the antropic principle in physics (might be the wrong name for it) that states that the Universe is the way that it is BECAUSE we are here to obserrve it. If the Universe was different then we wouldn't be here.

So if the Earth didn't have a moon there wouldn't be humans to sit and wonder what it would be like to have a moon (for example)

Ant

That article sounds like it was written by somebody who wanted to fill some column inches and watched the sky at night on BBC One on Sunday night, they talked about how unique our situation is on Earth with the moon having such a massive influence on the world....

Also I beleive it's called the antropic principle in physics (might be the wrong name for it) that states that the Universe is the way that it is BECAUSE we are here to obserrve it. If the Universe was different then we wouldn't be here.

You've lost me Ant. I didn't do French at school!

Russ

Basically it a principle that explains why the universe is so suitable for life.

If the 5th - 13th (maybe 12th) dimensions were not curled up really small and say the 5th dimension was nearly flat like the first 4, then the planets would be able to have stable orbit around suns and would either fly off into space or crash and burn into thier respective suns... The same would happen to atoms.

So we have 4 *nearly* flat dimensions and the rest curled up really small because if it was any other way we wouldn't be here to see it.

It's the same with the moon, we have the moon which has helped the developement of life on earth (tides, stabalising our orbit etc), if the moon wasn't here then we wouldn't either.

Ant

Archived