Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First attempt at astrophotography: jupiter

Mariofeds

Don't worry so much about the image quality, I just find it amazing enough to be looking at another planet and its satellites :D

no such thing as a bad photo when you stop and think about what you are actually seeing :D

Phone to telescope photography is not easy, especially without an adapter. Don't beat yourself up as I have quite a bit of phone through telescope photography but I don't even attempt planetary,

just Lunar, lining up a tiny target like a planet to the tiny chip on a phone hand held is like catching a fly with chopsticks.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 1

Don’t worry! I think it’s good that you’ve posted your experience and effort. Amongst other things it gives people starting out a feel that it’s not that simple. And Jupiter, Saturn too, is very tricky with just a single shot using any camera. 

Edited by PeterStudz
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mariofeds said:

OH MY GOD... I DISCOVERED MY PHONE HAS A FEATURE WHERE YOU CAN ADJUST EXPOSURE! FOR THIS ONE I LEANED MY PHONE AGAINST A STREET LAMP AND YOU CAN SEE ANDROMEDA! MY PHONE COLLECTED LIGHT FOR LIKE 30 SECONDS

And with that reaction, you understand why the hobby is so addictive :) The excitement of catching photons from thousands to millions of lightyears away, captured on your screen for everyone to see. There are also other DSOs I can spot on there, such as the double cluster under cassio. Get yourself to a dark sky and you will see Andromeda with your naked eye :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grant93 said:

And with that reaction, you understand why the hobby is so addictive :) The excitement of catching photons from thousands to millions of lightyears away, captured on your screen for everyone to see. There are also other DSOs I can spot on there, such as the double cluster under cassio. Get yourself to a dark sky and you will see Andromeda with your naked eye :)

actually, when i was driving through the rockies with my parents, i looked out the window and say andromeda, clear as day, it was awesome